Monday, July 18, 2011

Michael Mead Releases Statement

From the Gaston Gazette:

"I would like to personally thank the 15 jurors who rendered a just and fair verdict. Thank you for the time, dedication and hard work they put in for the past 7 weeks. The jury unanimously voted to acquit. I have never waivered in my claim that I was innocent and I have feel vindicated by verdict. The jury was comprised of a variety of people from the community. Many jurors were college educated and some have gone on to earn Masters Degrees and higher. Even the alternates would have voted not guilty and I think that speaks volumes. After the verdict was read, I was able to thank the members of the jury and I did, personally. Again I thank them all for giving an innocent man his life back."

The full statement is here.

No comments: